Ant Carter specialises in establishing and chairing Advisory Boards for medium to large sized owner / operated businesses. The Performance Pyramid contains four elements which provide the overarching framework for the templates and processes for businesses to efficiently implement high performance business structures which drive ownership, accountability and results.
Why An Advisory Board?
Many owner operators have grown their businesses organically and have reached a point where they need to step back and work on their business to take the business to the next level.
Although operationally & financially they have scaled the business, often the cultural and strategic pillars have not scaled and are limiting the growth of the business and exposing directors to risk.
An Advisory Board is a proven system to help business owners implement the four pillars of best practice governance:
- Determining purpose
- An effective governance culture
- Holding management to account
- Effective compliance
Advisory Board Meetings
Monthly Advisory Board meetings of 4-hours duration where a board report template and annual plan are used to review cultural, strategic, operational and financial KPI’s.
Monthly individual meetings with the business owner between advisory board meetings to discuss implementation and agree the next board agenda.
24/7 online access to board papers as well as access to cultural, strategic, operational and financial templates.
Unique templates, reports and scorecards to monitor the score.
Keys to success
- Commitment from owner
- Sharing of financial statements
- Capable management team
- Willingness to improve
- Accountability at management level
- Commitment for 2-years (1st year to implement change, the 2nd year to consolidate the change into business as usual)
- Clear direction
- Proven high performance structures
- Accountability & ownership at management level
- Consistency of planning & reporting
- Templates for immediate execution
- Ongoing support
- Synergies with other businesses implementing the same structures
- Develop people, performance and profit